The Organization Mission Evangelical Salem (OMES) was conceived as the idea of a church in 1984, and founded by Dr. Hervé George and Rev. Louis Cénat. Then later in 1994, it was recognized by the Haitian government as an Haitian based organization for the purpose of improving Haitian lives in Haiti.
Vision and Mission
Our vision is to be the leading nonprofit organization in Haiti that fights for basic human rights in providing sustainable development through access to high quality healthcare. Our mission is to improve and transform the lives of the Haitian citizens in their community by offering high quality medical care at a low and affordable cost and contributing to their spiritual development and wholeness.
- To contribute to the overall welfare of the Haitian community
- To spread the Word of Christ among the Haitian youth
- To improve the living condition of the Haitian families by meeting their educational and nutritional needs
Carrefour is one of the most impoverished and crowded districts Haiti, located several miles from downtown Port-au-Prince. Few can afford to attend school. The lack of access to clean water and basic health care further complicated the problem. With few options, young people are put at high risk of going into prostitution and crime.
Areas of Intervention
- West: Carrefour, Croix des Bouquets, La Gonave
- Southeast: Jacmel, Cayes-Jacmel, Lafond
- Grand’Anse: Jeremie, Dame Marie, Fond-des-Blancs
- North: St. Raphael, Plaine du Nord
- North Ouest: Bassin Bleu, Baie de Henne
In spite of the very difficult socioeconomic situation in Haiti, OMES continues to implement various activities throughout the country and intends to intensify its action. Given the lack of resources the country faces, and the importance of the work we are doing, the organization welcomes any financial contribution to carry out our mission.
- In need of medicine
- In need of computers for better records keeping and to update the system
- Funds to build a school (goal: remove school from church building)
- Finish with the churches in construction
- In need of an ambulance
- Plan to add a central office or HQ in Carrefour for OMES
- More outreach in the community through feeding the homeless
- Increasing our presence in rural areas via more mobile clinics
- Plan to build a missionary house in Carrefour
We have a monthly budget of $6000 US (an equivalent to 350,000 Gourdes in Haitian currency). This money is used for the building lease, payroll, and expenses.
- Maternity Care
- 8 churches under OMES and 2 currently in construction
- 24 hr care center, including hospitalization
- Mobile clinic in Archaie
- Primary school in Jeremie